Park Place Dealerships hosts smartfest
Posted By: Park Place Smart Center Ft.Worth - 2010-06-19
The old adage "big things" come in small "packages" certainly applies to the peppy little smart car. Enthusiasts have a love affair with their compact little two-seaters. So smart center Dallas recently held a "smartfest" to celebrate the relationship between the eco-friendly vehicle and its owners.
Mark Baker of Fairview, TX won the "Most Creative" award for his orange 2008 smart fortwo with purple flames. Ginny and Alan Smith of Van Alstyne, TX won "Best License Plate" for plates that read, "I AM BIG." Myra and Ali Bahr of The Colony won "Best of Show" with their red 2008 smart fortwo, sporting a custom trailer.
The smart fortwo is the most fuel efficient, non-hybrid vehicle in the U.S., according to the 2009 EPA Fuel Economy Guide, achieving an average of 41 miles per gallon on the highway.
The smart fortwo emits up to 50% less polluting emissions than average vehicles. Reinforced with a steel-cage like race cars, the car meets or exceeds all federal government crash test standards.
smart center Dallas is part of Park Place Dealerships, which represents luxury brands in Texas and California including Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Jaguar, Volvo, McLaren, Bentley, Rolls-Royce and Maserati. Founded in 1987 by Ken Schnitzer, Park Place Dealerships is comprised of 11 North Texas dealerships and a Lexus dealership in Mission Viejo, CA.
- Recent News & Events
- Feb 18 — McLaren Dallas Introduces the McLaren 650S Coupé and 650S Spide
- Feb 14 — Did You See Honda’s Super Bowl Ad?
- Jan 30 — 2014 Jaguar Good to be Bad Super Bowl Commercial
- Jan 30 — The 2014 Jaguar Good to be Bad Super Bowl Commercial
- Jan 24 — New F-TYPE R Coupe Praise Following Barcelona F1 Circuit
- Jan 14 — AIDS Arms Recognizes Park Place Volvo for LifeWalk Sponsorship