Lexus On Top of Luxury Group Category In 2012 Perceived Quality
Posted By: Park Place Lexus Plano - 2012-05-31
2012 Perceived Quality Study (PQS) - Luxury Brands
Lexus holds the top spot in the luxury sector of ALG’s PQS for the second year in a row. For our 2012 study, the highest-rated luxury brands all maintained their relative positions. The only change in rank was Land Rover, which rose above Jaguar for the first time since the survey has been conducted.
However, unlike the mainstream category, where Japanese brands hold four of the top five spots, German brands Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Porsche rank behind Lexus as the dominant brands in terms of quality perception.
Luxury rankings have remained fairly consistent when comparing longer-term trends. Since the inception of the survey, Porsche is the only brand that has gained significantly in the survey, improving three rank positions and moving into the top 5 of Luxury brands on the strength of its Panamera introduction and Cayenne redesign.
The perception of where these luxury brands stand relative to one another seems to be more solidly cemented in the minds of automotive shoppers, in comparison with the mainstream brands, making differentiation that much more critical among luxury brands.
- Recent News & Events
- May 20 — Ft. Worth to gain a Maserati dealership!
- May 13 — Limited Edition Bentley Le Mans Now Available at Bentley Dallas
- May 13 — 11th Annual Park Place Dealerships – Texas Rangers Triple Play
- May 13 — Jaguar F-Type: 2013 World Car Design of the Year
- May 6 — Porsche Boxster Tops Mercedes-Benz SLK, AUDI T.T AND BMW Z4
- Apr 29 — 2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith heading to Dallas