2011 Lexus CT 200h Hybrid Earns Top Safety Pick
Posted By: Park Place Lexus Plano - 2011-08-01
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced that Lexus’s new hybrid vehicle, the 2011 CT 200h, earned the “Top Safety Pick” award. This award is the highest safety title given by the IIHS, an independent non-profit research organization. A vehicle must earn the highest rating of “good” in the front, side, rear, and rollover impact evaluations and have electronic stability control to qualify for “Top Safety Pick”.
The 2011 CT 200h’s body structure makes all the difference in safety, according to Lexus. The body has strong steel components and absorbs and allocates energy during a crash to protect the driver and passengers. Occupants are further protected by an eight-airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) with dual-stage front airbags and knee airbags for driver and front passenger, side curtain airbags, and front side airbags. The front seatbelts are specially designed with force-limiters for additional protection in frontal collisions. Also, the seats feature a new back and headrest structure with Whiplash Injury Lessening (WIL) technology.
The 2011 Lexus CT 200h boasts 134 horsepower, yet it attains outstanding EPA estimated fuel economy ratings: 43 mpg city and 40 mpg highway, for a combined 42 mpg using regular 87-octane gasoline. Visit Park Place Lexus Plano or Park Place Lexus Grapevine today to learn more about the 2011 CT 200h hybrid vehicle.
- Recent News & Events
- Feb 18 — McLaren Dallas Introduces the McLaren 650S Coupé and 650S Spide
- Feb 14 — Did You See Honda’s Super Bowl Ad?
- Jan 30 — 2014 Jaguar Good to be Bad Super Bowl Commercial
- Jan 30 — The 2014 Jaguar Good to be Bad Super Bowl Commercial
- Jan 24 — New F-TYPE R Coupe Praise Following Barcelona F1 Circuit
- Jan 14 — AIDS Arms Recognizes Park Place Volvo for LifeWalk Sponsorship