2011 Lexus CT 200h Hybrid Earns Top Safety Pick
Posted By: Park Place Lexus Plano - 2011-08-01
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced that Lexus’s new hybrid vehicle, the 2011 CT 200h, earned the “Top Safety Pick” award. This award is the highest safety title given by the IIHS, an independent non-profit research organization. A vehicle must earn the highest rating of “good” in the front, side, rear, and rollover impact evaluations and have electronic stability control to qualify for “Top Safety Pick”.
The 2011 CT 200h’s body structure makes all the difference in safety, according to Lexus. The body has strong steel components and absorbs and allocates energy during a crash to protect the driver and passengers. Occupants are further protected by an eight-airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) with dual-stage front airbags and knee airbags for driver and front passenger, side curtain airbags, and front side airbags. The front seatbelts are specially designed with force-limiters for additional protection in frontal collisions. Also, the seats feature a new back and headrest structure with Whiplash Injury Lessening (WIL) technology.
The 2011 Lexus CT 200h boasts 134 horsepower, yet it attains outstanding EPA estimated fuel economy ratings: 43 mpg city and 40 mpg highway, for a combined 42 mpg using regular 87-octane gasoline. Visit Park Place Lexus Plano or Park Place Lexus Grapevine today to learn more about the 2011 CT 200h hybrid vehicle.
- Recent News & Events
- May 13 — Limited Edition Bentley Le Mans Now Available at Bentley Dallas
- May 13 — 11th Annual Park Place Dealerships – Texas Rangers Triple Play
- May 13 — Jaguar F-Type: 2013 World Car Design of the Year
- May 6 — Porsche Boxster Tops Mercedes-Benz SLK, AUDI T.T AND BMW Z4
- Apr 29 — 2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith heading to Dallas
- Apr 18 — Arriving with elegance is the 2013 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class