Lexus On Top With J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality
Posted By: Park Place Lexus Plano - 2011-06-24
SOURCE: Lexus.com Press Room
Lexus Earns Four Segment Awards in J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Initial Quality Study
- Lexus Leads All Nameplates in Study
- Toyota Moves Up 14 Positions
- Production Facilities Earn Two Platinum and One Silver Plant Quality Awards
TORRANCE, Calif., June 23, 2011 - " Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., received a combined four segment awards in the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS). Lexus earned the honor as the highest ranking nameplate in the industry, while the Toyota Division moved up 14 positions to place seventh.
"We are quite pleased with the quality improvements Toyota and Lexus have made over the last year and Lexus' highest position overall in the 2011 IQS," said Jim Lentz, TMS president and chief operating officer. Lentz continued, "We are committed to the quality and dependability of our products."
Lexus LS Places First for the Fourth Straight Year
Lexus ranked highest among all nameplates in the 2011 IQS with 73 problems per 100 vehicles (PP100). Lexus has ranked highest in the IQS study in 13 of the last 22 years, beginning with the brand's first model year in 1990.
Lexus captured four segment awards in this year's study, more than any other premium brand. These awards include the Lexus ES 350 for Entry Premium car; the Lexus GS for Midsize Premium Car; the Lexus GX 460 for Midsize Premium Crossover/SUV; and the Lexus LS 460 for Large Premium Car. The Lexus GS and GX 460 rank highest in their respective segments for a third consecutive year. The Lexus LS earned the distinction of highest-performing model in the industry for a second consecutive year with fewest quality problems in the industry, with just 54 PP100.
- Recent News & Events
- Nov 26 — The Special Polestar Volvo S60 & V60 Models are Coming to Dallas
- Nov 26 — Maserati Ghibli Sedan Named IIHS Top Safety Pick
- Nov 15 — Jaguar Highest in J.D. Power Sales Satisfaction Study
- Oct 28 — Volvo Ranks 7th In Consumer Reports Reliability rankings
- Oct 21 — Park Place Porsche Dallas Dealership & Service Center Wallpapers
- Oct 17 — 2014 Porsche Panamera Wallpapers from Porsche Dallas