At Park Place, we've always been known for our commitment to exceptional client
service. But you may not know that we are equally committed to sustainability and
ecologically sound practices.
That's why we have launched our "Think Green, Save Green" initiative. Our efforts
are helping to lead the way toward a cleaner environment, a reduced dependence on
fossil fuels and a better world for our clients and their families.
Here are just some of the steps we've taken toward a greener Park
- Park Place BodyWerks is one of the first dealership body shops in the U.S. to switch
to water-based paints - a less toxic, more environmentally friendly systm that reduces
the use of volatile compounds by 75-90%. As a result, BodyWerks received the AkzoNobel
"FIT" Sustainability Award in 2010, becoming one of the only three body shops in
the country to earn this prestigious honor.
- We've replaced all water bottles in our dealerships with reusable glasses and filtered
water - eliminating the use of 236,304 plastic water bottles per year.
- Our parts departments and BodyWerks body shop recycle an average of 1.3 tons of
cardboard per month.
- Our fixed operations departments recycle all scrap metal. In fact, Body-Werks recycles
about 55,000 pounds of it per year.
- We recycle scrap tires and reprocess them into fuel pellets.
- We recycle all copy and computer paper, helping us save the equivalent of over 200
trees per year.
- We've incoporated motion detector light switches in storage rooms, Member bathrooms
and most offices at our new Volvo dealership.
- We've replaced 95% of our light bulbs with energy-saving compact fluorescent bulbs.
- We've negotiated a new energy contract for 2011 that will supply our dealerships
with 50% green power.